- 5 cups chicken stock or water
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted clarified butter
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons dried mint
For the Topping
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried mint
How to make High Plateau Soup
- Place the stock, rice, and butter in a heavy medium-size saucepan.
- Bring the liquid to a boil, then lower the heat to medium, and simmer for about 30 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
- Mix the yogurt, flour, and egg yolks until smooth.
- Stir the mixture into the soup.
- Add the mint and season with salt.
- Simmer for another 10 minutes, or until the soup has a creamy consistency.
- To make the topping, melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Add the paprika and mint, and stir the mixture until it sizzles.
- Ladle the soup into individual bowls and drizzle the butter mixture over each serving.
- Serve at once.