- 3/4 cup almonds, blanched and ground
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk, warm
- 2 1/2-3 cups beef broth
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
For the sauce
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 handful pomegranate seeds
How to make Turkish Almond Soup
- Melt the butter in a medium-sized pot.
- Add the flour, stir, and slowly pour in the warm milk, while stirring constantly. Blend well, using a whisk.
- Add the almonds, beef broth, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes on low heat. Do not cover.
- Melt the teaspoon of butter in a small pan and add the beef broth.
- When the liquid begins to bubble, add the parsley, then pour over soup.
- Ladle soup into 4 bowls.
- Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and serve immediately.