- 2 medium red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons sumac
- 2 teaspoons Turkish pepper or ground red pepper
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
How to make Onion Relish
- Place the onion slices in a bowl, season with salt and squeeze them a few times with your fingers to extract some of the juice.
- Add the sumac, Turkish red pepper, and parsley.
- Mix them together well.
- Serve this relish as an accompaniment to grilled meat or fish.
- Squeezing the sliced onions helps extract the juice so it blends with the other flavors.