For the Dough;
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup lukewarm water
For the Filling;
- 200g ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- ¼ bunch parsley, chopped finely
- ½ tsp salt
- A pinch of black pepper
- 1 tsp pepper paste
For Yogurt Sauce:
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- A pinch of salt
For Butter Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes or chili, sweet or hot
- 1 tsp dried mint
- 4 cups water to boil dumplings
How to make Turkish Ravioli / Dumblings
- Mix flour, egg and salt.
- Add water little by little and mix with your hand.
- Knead it well until you have a bit tough dough. You can add extra water or flour to have this result.
- Make a ball from it and roll it out not so thin, about 2mm thick.
- Cut it first into strips, then into small squares.
- Place a little filling on each square.
- Close them up patiently.
- Heat 4 cups of water in a pot and add dumplings when it boils.
- Boil them until soften for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer them into plates with a slotted spoon.
- Mix all ingredients for yogurt sauce.
- Melt butter and add in olive oil. Add in dried mint and red pepper flakes, stir. Take it after about 20 seconds.
- Pour some yogurt on dumplings and drizzle a little oil sauce over it before serving.