- 4 slices day-old white bread, crusts removed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (6-o unce) jar mullet roe
- 1 1/2 cups virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Assorted olives
- Salad greens Pita bread, cut into triangles
How to make Pureed Fish Roe (Tarama)
- Soak the slices of bread in water briefly, and squeeze out the excess water.
- Place the bread, onion and roe in a food processor fitted with a metal blade.
- Process on a low speed until they’re well mixed.
- Slowly add the olive oil and lemon juice and continue processing on a low speed until the mixture is a thick paste, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer it to a serving bowl, cover, and refrigerate.
- Garnish with chopped Italian parsley, olives, and salad greens.
- Serve chilled with pita bread triangles.