- 2 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) mastic
- 5 1/2 cups whole milk, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cornstarch
- Ground cinnamon
How to make Mastic Pudding (Sakizli Muhallebi)
- Place the mastic in a cheesecloth and tie the end to make a bag.
- Place 4 1/2 cups of the milk in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat.
- Drop the mastic into the milk and bring the milk to a boil.
- Let the milk boil gently for about 10 minutes.
- Discard the mastic.
- Stir in the sugar and cream with a wooden spoon.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the remaining 1 cup milk and add it to the saucepan.
- Lower the heat and simmer for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until the mixture thickens.
- Pour the mixture into individual serving dishes.
- Let it cool, then refrigerate for several hours.
- Serve the pudding chilled, with cinnamon sprinkled on top.