- 1 pound / 500 gr butternut squash, peeled
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- ¼ cup water
- For serving:
- ¼ pound cream
- ¼ pound walnuts, crushed and chopped
- ¼ pound tahini
How to make Butternut Squash Dessert
- Slice the squash and place in a large pot side by side.
- Add sugar and water.
- Cook at low heat for 30 minutes.
- After it cools down, you may serve it with cream, chopped walnuts or tahini.
- If you have time, sprinkle sugar over the squash and leave it overnight. Then the following morning, cook it in its own liquid.