- 2 1/3 cups cold water
- 1/4 cup Turkish tea leaves
- 6 lemon slices (optional)
How to make Turkish Tea (Cay)
- Place the cold water in a large kettle and the tea leaves in the smaller one that fits on the larger one like a double boiler.
- Cover the kettle and bring the water to a boil.
- Lower the heat so that the water stays at a gentle boil for about 5 minutes.
- Pour half the boiling water over the tea leaves in the smaller kettle.
- Cover the small kettle, and let the tea brew for about 10 minutes.
- Strain some of the tea infusion into each glass and dilute it with the remaining boiling water.
- Sweeten the tea with sugar to taste and serve with lemon slices, if you like.