- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh sour cherries
- 5 cups water
How to make Sour Cherry Drink (Visne Serbeti)
- Combine the sugar with the water in a medium-size saucepan and stir the mixture over low heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the cherries and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the cherries from the pan.
- Pass them through a strainer, pressing them to extract all the juice.
- Discard the cherries.
- Chill the juice for at least 30 minutes and serve over crushed ice.