- 1 1/2 pounds of rose petals, red or pink, scented and pesticide-free
- 5 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon pine nut
How to make Rose Water Drink (Gul Suyu Serbeti)
- Wash the rose petals under running cold water and place them in a medium-size, nonreactive saucepan with the water.
- Add the sugar and the lemon juice.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Cover the saucepan and chill 4 to 6 hours.
- In a small saucepan over high heat, stir the pine nuts for about 1 minute until they’re golden.
- Strain the rose-petal liquid through a double thickness of cheesecloth.
- Divide it among 6 cups and top each serving with the pan-roasted pine nuts.